Travel Like A PR Girl : Miami
One of the many amazing perks about being a publicist is having the opportunity to travel. If you're anything like me I live for a getaway. As a PR girl, how I travel is a lot different than most people. So when I went to Miami, I made an effort to connect with as many people as possible.
As a result of leveraging my network with the help of my PR Bestie Regan, I was able to experience Miami beyond what I could find on Google. I could go on and on about networking, but you can refer to my previous post about building relationships. So here's the run down on what I did in Miami:
South Beach is typically the area that comes to mind when people think about Miami, but my favorite place was away from the beach! It was hot and crowded, so I had no intentions on being on the beach the entire trip. Wynwood is my favorite neighborhoods because it's full of fashion, art, and patio bars with great music.
- Coyo Taco - I wouldn't dare visit Miami and not try some Spanish food! I've never seen so many taco options. The food was delicious and affordable.
- Wood Tavern - This is the perfect place if you want to get "lit" and not go to the club. The drink specials were amazing and this place has a build in food truck with yummy fried oreos!
- Orchid Boutique - While waiting to link up with some PR girls, I stumbled into this place. They have cutest swimwear and summer time fine clothing.
I didn't spend all my time away from South Beach, but I still stand by my love of Wynwood. I went to the beach, ate great food, and did some networking while in the area.
- Gale South Beach Hotel - My PR Bestie's connect sent us info on an amazing rooftop party.
- Ocean Deli Market- This has to be one of the cheapest places to eat in Miami and the food is good. This papi store ( I'm a Philly jawn and that's what we call them) is known for their $5 meals. You can select from a buffet what you want and as long as it fits it's $5.
Miami was a blast and the only regret that I have is not staying longer. I'm planning my next trip and can't wait to go back.